Each year, we award up to $500,000 to students majoring in petroleum-related fields at the University of Oklahoma (OU), the University of Tulsa (TU), Oklahoma State University (OSU) and Oklahoma City University (OCU).
Maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4-point scale) and be enrolled full-time in one of the following undergraduate petroleum-related programs: Petroleum Engineering, Geoscience or Energy Management at OU, OSU or TU; or Petroleum Land Management at OCU.
It is the OERB’s preference that the scholars:
- Declare in writing a petroleum-related field as their primary area of study.
- Understand and support the mission of the OERB.
The OERB also encourages scholars to:
- Participate in OERB-sponsored programs such as the Petro Pros program.
- Be an advocate of the oil and natural gas industry on- and off-campus, seeking opportunities to educate others about this important and exciting industry.
- Participate in available summer internship opportunities, preferably in Oklahoma.
The OERB will provide support to the scholar by performing the following:
- Award scholarships for four years of the scholar’s undergraduate career with dollar amounts increasing successively each year provided that the scholar meets the OERB scholarship requirements and successfully reapplies each year.
- Provide funding for further program development.
- Provide funding for attendance and registration fees to various oil and natural gas industry events in Oklahoma.
Program budget limitation.
It is understood that the scholarships offered and subsequent program development are subject to the OERB’s annual student education budget and any modifications thereof. The said student education budget and total amount of funding are dependent upon a voluntary assessment based on variable oil and natural gas prices and OERB refunds.
For questions, contact: